There is really no “average dog bite settlement amount” because there numerous factors that go into determining the size of a settlement. Settlements can range from $1,500.00 for a minor bite to $1,000,000.00 for the most serious injury or even death. Factors that determine how much your dog bite settlement will be include:
- Size and location of any scars, marks, or disfigurements
- Type of medical treatment or plastic surgery needed
- Need for future medical treatment or plastic surgery
- Psychological and emotional damages caused by the dog attack
- Permanency of any injuries from the dog bite attack
- Amount of past medical bills and future medical bills
- Amount of lost wages from time missed from work
- Amount of the insurance policy limits for the dog owner
- City or county where the incident occurred
Our dog bite lawyers have the experience to review all of the factors in your case and determine the most likely settlement range. Although our opinion offer differs from the amount the insurance company wants to pay you, we are very successful in winning settlement amounts in the range that we project. Simply put, we don’t let the insurance adjuster tell us what your case is worth, we tell them. Our track record of successful dog bite settlements helps to determine the range of your settlement.
To find out how to get the best compensation for your Michigan dog bite case, call our award winning attorneys at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. We will listen carefully to your story and then explain how we can help you get the maximum compensation. We will represent you under our No Fee Promise, which means there are no legal fees or costs until we win or settle your case. Call now to start your claim.